How to use BeeJiveIM? In order to take advantage of the tools of this application, you must have a device that supports it, like BlackBerry or iPhone. You must also have an active data plan to use it as it utilizes data connections when sending and receiving messages from your phone. The messages that you send or receive are not treated as SMS. Therefore, your provider will not or cannot charge you on per-text message. For that reason, experts do recommend to have an unlimited data plan if you are planning to use this app for significant amounts of time each day.
Here are the steps you can follow to use this app:
- Download and instsall. You must download and install this app to your device before you can use it. Once downloaded, you must click on its icon to open it.
- Run Network Auto-Configuration. For the first time you open this app, you are prompted to run Network Auto-Configuration mode or something similar. When you will be asked to run it, just click Ok. The app will start to configure your installation and choose to use the best network setting. This app supports all transport methods present on your mobile device. You can only use this app if your mobile device can access the Internet via your carrier’s WAP to TCP gateway or something similar. If you cannot, then you cannot use app to send and receive IMs.
- Register a copy of BeeJiveIM. After the app has automatically detected the right settings to use for your device, you will be required to register the copy of this app. If you paid for its license, you must enter its license key to the required field. After that, click Register from the menu.
However, if you do not want to obtain its paid version yet and try its capacity first, then you can select “Get Key” from the menu and you can automatically start using this app for a limited-period of time. If you have valid license key, you can start using this program.
If your mobile cannot detect the appropriate settings to use, you may manually configure your device to use direct TCP. You may consult the developer’s website for more details. You may also visit the official website of BeeJive IM for some tips and tricks.
How to burn a CD on iTunes? This digital media player of Apple has the capacity to store your downloaded music and files to an optical disc. This article will help you how to make copies of your music from this player to a compact disc.
Here are the steps on how to make copies from your computer to an optical disc using the digital media player of Apple.
- Open the said media player. You can find it in your Applications folder (Mac) or Program Files (Windows).
- Double-click “Playlist.”Once the app has been opened, you need to double-click the Playlist option found at the left side of the screen. However, if you do not have a playlist yet, you can create one by following these steps:
- Click on the File menu.
- Click on “New Playlist” option to create an untitled playlist. You may come up with any name for your new playlist.
- Drag and drop the songs. Once you are done creating a name for your new playlist, choose those songs that you wish to include to your playlist. You simply have to drag and drop those files into your new playlist.
- Insert a blank optical disc into your optical drive. It can be external or internal drive.
- Click “File.” On the iTunes, click the “File” menu and choose “Burn CD Into Playlist” option. During the transfer, the player will say “Checking Playlist.” The transfer or download will take a minute to several minutes. The amount of time will depend on the number of songs you wish to copy to the optical disk. The more songs or files you transfer, the longer it will take for the process to be completed.
- Play the songs. Once the process has been successfully completed, you may try it out using any media players. The songs are in correct format so you can play them on different media players that you have.
If you want to cancel the operation, you may click the “X” button next to the progress bar. However, it will not undo the process. This means that if the process has already been started, the blank CD can never be used again.
How to use mail services on your iPhone? The email application of Apple’s mobile can be used to sync your existing email accounts. By synching, you can compose, view, send and receive messages directly from the said mobile.
Here are the few simple steps that can help you use its mail application.
- Turn on your mobile.
- Tap its “Mail” icon. It is found on the mobile’s home screen. You will prompted to select your email accounts from Gmail, Yahoo!, MobileMe, etc. From the menu, choose your account type. You can choose the “Other” option if your email account is not found on the list.
- Enter your information. On the spaces provided, enter your personal information, such as your name, email address and your password.
- Click the “Next” button. To continue the set-up, tap “Next” when prompted.
- Tap “Save.” Once you have verified that the information you have entered is correct, you can save your email account.
- Tap “Settings.” If you wish to add another account, choose this option. Simply repeat the setup process listed above.
If you want to find the list of email accounts you have listed or registered, you simply have to tap the “Mail” icon found on the home screen. And under the Inboxes heading, choose the account you want to view.
To view all the messages associated with a certain account, you simply have to tap the “Inbox” option of that account. If you tap the “Sent Mail” option, you can view all messages sent from that account. If you choose “Drafts” or “Trash” option, you can view the message drafts or messages you have deleted from that email account.
The “Refresh” button found at the right-handed corner of this application will refresh all email inboxes from the email account types you have registered to the said application.
If you wish to write a message, you simply have to tap the “Compose” icon located at the bottom right-hand of the app window. You just need to enter the required details, such as email address and subject. And just like a regular email, tapping the “Send” button of the app on your iPhone will send your composed message to the selected recipient.
How to access all of your apps on iPad? Whatever version of Apple’s tablet you have, you can view all installed apps at once. All applications for this tablet can be utilized for work or school. When you purchase this device, you will enjoy some of its preloaded apps. But you can add more to it using its App Store.
To access all applications installed on this device at once, you can open iTunes installed on this device. You may use this digital media player of Apple to view and manage each of your apps.
Here are the steps to view each or all of your applications found on this device:
- Plug your device to your computer. It must be the unit your tablet is registered to. You must use this unit so you can automatically launch iTunes once you plug it in. If it does not automatically open after plugging it in, you may open the player manually.
- Select the device. From the left menu bar within the player’s environment, look for your tablet. By clicking it, the player will display the summary of all apps installed on this device.
- Choose the “Apps” option. From the menu bar, click on the “Apps” option and it will display all apps present in this device. These apps will be presented in a customizable list. By choosing this option, you can choose to delete specific app or view its details.
You may also view all of the apps in your device by choosing Library in the menu bar of the said player. From there, you can click on the “Apps” option. If you choose this route, the apps are categorized into two sections. Each section is based on the type of app you have. This means that if you have apps specific for that tablet, then it will appear under “iPad Apps” category.
Although you can view all apps on this device using iTunes, you cannot access all of them if you have not synched your device to this media player. You cannot view an app if you have just downloaded or installed it. You need to synch the device again to iTunes for you to see the newly added app.
How to make an image slideshow in Mac? Apple computer can help you create great slideshow. It may seem complicated to do it but it is really easy to do. But the question is where and how you are going to start.
In this article, you will learn the possible ways to create an image slideshow on your Apple computer using the most common technique. After finishing your project, your friends and family will surely be amazed at what you have done to all those photos.
There are different ways to make a slideshow using iPhoto.
- One of its ways is to select an album and click “Slideshow” button located on the toolbar.
- Another way is to click to highlight individual pictures in a particular album. Then, click on the “Slideshow” button. This will create a slideshow about the selected pictures from a specific album.
- After creating a slideshow in Mac, you can change its settings. For instance, you can add transitions to it by simply selecting “Transitions” option from the menu. You can also add effect by choosing “Ken Burns” effect. This is usually used in iMovie. This app allows you to zoom and pan on still images.
- You can also choose more options by clicking on the “Settings” button. By clicking this button, you can change the number of seconds each slide will play. You can show the title of each image. How about showing the ratings you have assigned for those photos? You can also do that with this method. To make your slideshow more entertaining, you can choose to have a slideshow that loops once the reaches the end. You can do this by clicking the checkmark button next to “Repeat slideshow.”
Should you wish to use the Ken Burn effect, you need to check the button next to this option. To create this effect, you must set its button to “Start.” Then, change the slide’s zoom level by placing the pointer anywhere in the image. Move it around and change its starting focal point. Once you are done with it, switch the button below the Ken Burns Effect option to End. You may also include music that can play while the slide is displaying on the screen.
You can disable or turn off auto-correction in Android. This feature can be useful but sometimes it can also be annoying. For instance, if you want to text your friend something like “available for a cal today,” this feature may automatically correct it and replace the words “a cal” into “anal” instead of “a call.” This predictive text program may be right but it is not always right. In order to avoid the embarrassment caused by this program, you can turn it off for good. How? The following steps will teach you.
- Go to Settings menu. You can go to this menu by pressing that 4-square button found on the home screen of your Linux-based phone. Press that and a menu will open up. Scroll down until you see the icon named “Settings.”
- Tap on the Settings icon. This will bring you into the submenus of Settings.
- Scroll down. Once you are in the Settings window, you will find a list of options. Scroll down the list until you see “Language and Keyword” option.
- Tap on the “Language and Keyboard” option. The name of this option may vary depending on the brand of Linux-based mobile you have. But the name is something similar to Language or Multi-touch keyboard.
- Scroll down the list of options. Again, there are plenty of options under the “Language and Keyword” submenu. Scroll it down until you see “Autocorrect errors” or something similar.
- Uncheck the button. Tap on the button next to the “Autocorrect errors” option. You may also choose to uncheck the “Show suggestions” option. This option is sometimes bothersome, like the autocorrect feature.
- Go back to the home button. To exit the screen, you may tap the “Home” button of your phone. You do not have to save the settings as changes you have made will be automatically saved after checking or un-checking the option.
- Enjoy texting without the said feature.
If you still want the said feature, you must learn to spell and use grammar correctly when texting someone. In this way, you will not be embarrassed by what you have texted to your friend or colleague using your Android phone.
How to backup my files? There are different ways to make copies of your computer data. These ways are very easy to do so there is no reason for you to be caught without copies of your essential files. Here are some of the steps that you need to do to create copies of your data.
- Get a USB external hard drive or a flash drive. You can easily obtain it from several electronics stores. If you have larger files, you may opt for a hard drive with greater capacity such as 1TB. Opt to purchase a drive that has twice as much storage space as your computer. In this way, you can have more room for multiple copies and other data you might be having in the future.
- Plug it into your PC. When you first connect it to your computer, your machine will initialize. Some settings will be loaded before you can start copying your files to the said device.
- Copy your files. Making copies of your data is as easy as dragging your files that you want to make copies and place them in your external hard drive or flash drive. After you are done, you just have to eject it and store the drive in a safer place.
These steps are almost the same as the steps you will take when you use to copy your files in a Mac.
Another way to make copies of your data is through cloud computing. In here, you do not need to purchase an external hard drive or flash drive to copy your computer data. Instead, you will be signing up with a certain cloud storage provider and pay a certain annual fee. With this setup, you can easily make multiple copies of your files and upload them online. If you lose your hard drive, for instance, you can restore your files by accessing your cloud storage account and download those files to your computer. Unfortunately for this method, it takes a long time to upload a 500GB-data. This is one of the reasons many individuals still choose to make backup copies of their files by simply transferring them to an external hard drive.
How to archive with a Blackberry? This RIM mobile allows you to easily archive applications you have downloaded from its official App World. By archiving applications, you can manage your phone’s memory and remove any app that you do not use. When you do archive an app, the files associated with that app will be automatically saved in the built-in media storage of this device. However, if you have an external media card, you may opt to save the files to such card. But if you do not have built-in media storage or external media card, you cannot archive any applications or files.
To start archiving an application, you may follow these steps:
- Open the App World.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select “My World” option.
- Choose the app you would like to archive. Clicking on an app will highlight the app’s icon. Then, press the Menu button. After that, choose “Archive” option.
Archiving an app allows you to reinstall it quickly if you need it again in the future. However, if you want to reinstall or use it again, you need to restore it first before you can open it.
Every item that you have downloaded to your RIM’s mobile is saved in the App World. Items stored in this location will appear on the My World screen. The purpose of archiving items on the media card or built-in storage is to make enough space for other items on your phone. As mentioned earlier, you can archive items on a media card or built-storage. If you want to archive some of the existing items on your phone and plan to re-install them later without worrying about additional charge for each of those items, then you just need to log in using your PayPal account. Although there are no extra charges for re-installing those items, network charges may still apply.
Built-in storage is the default option. However, if there are no longer enough space on such storage to archive items, then an external media card can be used. When using an external media card on your Blackberry, you need to make sure that it is compatible with your phone.